Before and After – This photo was taken in Venice, Italy on the Grand Canal. Challenged once again in this week’s class assignment – to create a dark, moody image. My tendency has always been to use my go to standard workflow adjustments; highlights, shadows, whites, blacks, clarity…..I was quite surprised by how motivating and challenging it was to go for a different look. My big learning in this assignment was the discovery of the power and different effects you can achieve by using the Curves tool.
Thank you, Ribana, for the nomination. It is an honor. Be sure to check out Ribana’s blog, Popsicle Society for some very interesting reads.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring – people who spread “sunshine” to the blogging world!
Thank the blogger/s who nominated you.
Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post and list the rules.
Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
Ribana’s questions for me:
- Do you think we are alone in the universe? No. I think there are other life forms out there.
- What makes you feel happy? A warm sunny fall day walking through the woods.
- Do you smile everyday? Most days.
- Do you like traveling? Yes very much so.
- If you are a gentleman, when was the last time you gave flowers to a lady and if you are a lady when was the last time you received flowers from a gentlemen? On my birthday in August.
- What motivates you to keep going everyday? I have a lot of interests, and I seem to go from one to the other. But my biggest interest is photography.
- How do you keep up with your blog and your followers? Do you have enough time? I just started blogging. So there is so much to learn. I plan to be a lot more active after the first of the year.
- Between becoming a cyborg or dying what would you choose? Dying because I believe in an afterlife.
- Are you a curious person? Yes, but I don’t cross the line when it comes to curiosity into people’s lives.
- What’s your favorite food? Watermelon.
- Have you ever been to Antarctica? No, but I would like to.
Denise Bush’s Photo Blog
Jeff Sinon Photography
Live & Learn – David Kanigan
My Questions for you:
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could choose one thing to do today what would it be?
- Who is the person you look up to the most in your life?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- Does writing come easy or hard to you?
- If you could visit one place in the world where would it be?
- What is your “happy” color?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- What in life are you passionate about?
- What is your favorite movie character?
- Are you an animal lover?
“We are all prisoners but some of us are in cells with windows and some without.”
Venice is one my favorite cities. The people are charming, and I enjoy the hustle and bustle of activity in the canals and the architecture. The Bridge of Sighs, shown above, connects Doges Palace and a prison. It was designed by Antonio Contino and was built in 1600. It took two years to complete. The bridge allowed prisoners to get their last look at freedom in Venice, and it is rumored many would sigh while passing through the bridge…thus the name.
f/14; 1/80; ISO 200; 34mm
Comments are always welcome.